- Can existing ID.me accounts created through other state agencies be used for CCCApply?
- Yes, students with existing ID.me accounts can leverage them for CCCApply.
- How is the mismatch between reported addresses and ID document addresses handled?
- This scenario is addressed here.
- Which other state agencies utilize ID.me?
- Agencies like the CA Employment Development Department, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Department of Public Health use ID.me.
- What options are available if students get confused or frustrated during the verification process?
- Students will have several options to get assistance in verifying their identity. Options include working with a live ID.me representative or reverting to the application and opting out of the ID verification process.
- Will CCC ID.Me information be shared with the University of California system?
- Details about data sharing with other institutions will be clarified in the future.
- Are college staff required to go through ID.me?
- College staff needs to use ID.me only if they create an OpenCCC account to apply to a college.
- Can applicants permanently opt out of ID.me if unable to use it?
- Not at this time. The only students who completely bypass the ID.me verification screens are minor students under 18 years of age. If a student opts out of ID.me they will continue to be prompted to verify their identity every time they login to their OpenCCC student account.
Post is closed for comments.