- Is it possible to reduce the frequency of ID.me verification prompts during user logins?
- A. Students are prompted to verify their identity until they complete the process.
- Is the Super Glue Adapter required on staff computers for CCC Apply?
- A. The SuperGlue Adapter is installed at the college level and isn’t required on individual staff computers. Information regarding the SuperGlue Adapter can be obtained by contacting your College Engagement Manager or reaching out to email@example.com.
- Will ID.me verification integrate with systems like CVC OEI?
- A. This process will be reviewed and the FAQ will be updated.
- Will there be a new ID number to manage in our SIS?
- A. No, a new ID number will not be introduced. However, new fields for verification status and verification date/time will be added to the application data delivered to colleges via SuperGlue.
- Is there a standardized format to accommodate non-Anglo naming structures?
- A. CCCApply accommodates accents and other non-Anglo characters in names, but names are organized based on the accepted US format of first name, middle name, and last name.
- What would be the process of updating a student’s name in ID.me, post application?
- A. Students can log into their ID.me account located here to update or edit their legal name. Alternatively, the student can update their name in their OpenCCC student account and then click the “Verify” button on that page to re-verify their identity with ID.me using new identity documents that reflect their changed name.
- Can you provide the link for foreign documentation accepted by ID.me?
- A. Accepted documentation details are available here.
- Who has access to the students' information collected by ID.me?
- A. Biometric information is used only for the transaction it was collected for and retained according to ID.me's privacy policies. ID.me will only transfer your Personal Information with your consent, to third parties to assist in verifying your identity or community eligibility, and as required for the prevention of fraud.
- Are biometrics from selfies used for ID verification stored?
- What should students do if there's a mismatch in names between their CCCApply and ID.me accounts?
- A. In case of a data mismatch, the OpenCCC account will be updated to reflect the verified information from ID.me, which is considered the “source of truth” for the student’s identity. Students are notified of the potential for changes to their OpenCCC account information based on ID.me’s identity verification process.
- Can colleges use ID.me technology for independent help desk solutions?
- A. The Chancellor’s Office contract with ID.me only includes an integration with the OpenCCC student account system.
- Is ID.me SOC 2 Type 2 and HECVAT/VPAT certified?
- A. Yes, you can find the information here.
- What is the routine maintenance process for ID.me?
- For maintenance windows, users will be presented with a Maintenance Screen. They will not be presented with an option to log in or create an account. Users are not automatically redirected. Routine maintenance windows are typically scheduled from 4:00 - 5:00 AM Eastern on Saturdays but are not always taken. When they are taken, it is rarely for the full hour but that is the reserved designated timeslot. All updates on maintenance and status can be found at https://status.id.me/. It is recommended users subscribe via email address or an RSS feed to stay up to date.
Post is closed for comments.